DON’T OVER PACK!
Once you have decided where to go for your next sailing vacation. You booked your charter yacht. The next question is what to take with you? Life on the islands and onboard a yacht is very casual, so why pack much?
Most first time travelers pack too many things which they rarely use during their cruise.
Tips to Ensure You Do Not Overpack
- The storage space in most yachts is limited making storage of hard luggage difficult. It is best to use a duffel bag. This helps to keep yourself from packing too much. An additional plus is that you can fold up the bag when not in use.
- Make sure to pack all documents you need while travelling. This includes your passport, your identity card, your sailboat charter documents, your ATM card and related items. Moreover, it is also wise to bring photocopies of each that can be used in emergencies.
- Do not pack much in the line of formal clothing and accessories. You only need one or two if you are planning to attend events ashore. Most of your time will be spent on the waves wearing very little.
- Since you will be spending long hours under the sun, you need to protect yourself. Be sure take along such things as Sunglasses, a Baseball Cap, and a Reef Safe Sunscreens. Be sure to inquire if the yacht you booked provides the Reef Safe Sunscreen, Soap, Shampoo, and Conditioners.
- Although you do not want to think about any emergencies, unplanned things do happen. You need to be prepared for them. Have a small flashlight handy in case the lights go out. Check to see if the yacht has a First Aid Kits onboard that includes pain killers, antiseptic creams, bug sprays and bandages.
- Bringing your own snorkel equipment. It most likely will be better than the ones you rented. This also avoids allergies and or skin problems caused by using things that have been through several hands.
- Keep a camera with you if you want to remember your sailing vacation even after several years have passed. Make sure its batteries, charger and other accessories are along with it to avoid disappointments later.
- Pack small entertainment items like books, CD players, indoor games, and etc., to allow you to pass the time on your sailboat charter.
For more information, contact Dennis at Charter the Caribbean at 317-745-1990 or email: email@example.com